Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Preview + Final – is Microsoft’s comprehensive & consistent programming model for building app that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless & secure communication, & the ability to model a range of business processes.
The .NET Framework redistributable package installs the .NET Framework run-time & associated files required to run applications developed to target the .NET Framework.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, .NET Framework 4.5, .NET Framework 4.5.1, .NET Framework 4.5.2 & .NET Framework 4.6. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Preview + Final
Base class library changes
Added many new APIs to enable key scenarios, particularly cross platform scenarios. They include the following changes & additions:
* New cryptography APIs such as AsymmetricAlgorithm.KeyExchangeAlgorithm, AsymmetricAlgorithm.SignatureAlgorithm, & System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.
* Additional collections implement System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection, including System.Collections.Generic.Queue & System.Collections.Generic.Stack.
* Additional members to support the task-based asynchronous pattern (TAP), including Task.CompletedTask & NamedPipeClientStream.ConnectAsync.
Support for code page encoding
.NET Core primarily supports Unicode encodings, & by default it provides limited support for code page encodings. You can add support for code page encodings that are available in the .NET Framework but unsupported in .NET Core by registering code page encodings with the Encoding.RegisterProvider method. For more information, see CodePagesEncodingProvider.
Improvements to event tracing
An EventSource object can now be constructed directly, & you can call one of the Write() methods to emit a self-describing event.
Resizing in Windows Forms controls
This feature has been exp&ed to include the System.Windows.Forms.DomainUpDown, System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown, System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewComboBoxColumn, System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewColumn & System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton types.
This is an opt-in feature. To enable it, set the EnableWindowsFormsHighDpiAutoResizing element to true in the application configuration (app.config) file.
64-bit JIT compiler for managed code
This release includes a new version of the 64-bit JIT Compiler, which provides significant performance improvements over the legacy 64bit JIT Compiler. While we have tried to make the transition to the new Compiler as transparent as possible, you may see changes in behavior.
Support for converting DateTime to or from Unix time
New methods have been added to support converting DateTime to or from Unix time. The following APIs have been added to DateTimeOffset:
* static DateTimeOffset FromUnixTimeSeconds(long seconds)
* static DateTimeOffset FromUnixTimeMilliseconds(long milliseconds)
* long ToUnixTimeSeconds()
* long ToUnixTimeMilliseconds()
ASP.NET Model Binding supports Task returning methods
ASP.NET Model Binding methods that were previously Task returning were not supported & threw an exception at runtime if configured. If applications are deployed with such methods, these methods will now be executed correctly. This change applies only to applications specifically targeting Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or later.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Supported Operating Systems:
* Windows 7 SP1 (x86 & x64)
* Windows 8 (x86 & x64)
* Windows 8.1 (x86 & x64)
* Windows 10
* Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
* Windows Server 2012 (x64)
* Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
* Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Title Release: Microsoft_NET.Framework.4.7.1.Preview
Developer: Home Page